Recommended Practice for the Addition of Supplemental Anodes to sti-P3® USTs (R972)
The Recommended Practice for the Addition of Supplemental Anodes to sti-P3® USTs (R972) contains information regarding the number, size and type of anodes which may be used to supplement the cathodic protection of a sti-P3® tank, the installation of the anodes, the installation of test stations, and methods for verifying the proper operation of the anodes after installation.
- Equipment Requirements
- Reference Electrode Use, Care, and Maintenance
- Tank Testing Procedure
- Electrical Isolation Testing
- Current Requirement Test
- Determining the Amount of Supplemental Anodes Needed
- Anode Handling and Installation
- Electrical Connections
- Test Station Installation
- Verification of System Operation
The tanks which are considered in this recommended practice (RP) are shop fabricated steel storage tanks built according to the sti-P3® standard.
Revised: December 2010